Map of Italy + Campania
Ravello is in the region of Campania within the province of Salerno (SA) in southern Italy.
Once on the Amalfi Coast, getting to Ravello is rather easy. It’s a 7km (~4 miles) drive from Amalfi. Getting to the Amalfi Coast can be quite challenging depending on the options you chose.
The Amalfi Coast is crossed by Strada Statale 163 Amalfitana (world-famous known as Amalfi Drive), a 50km (30 miles) stretch of road from north to south. If we take the two entrance points to the Amalfi Coast with Sorrento in the north and Salerno in the south, the road goes through the towns in this order:
Map of Amalfi Coast
- (junction to Conca dei Marini, Furore and Agerola)
- (junction to Ravello and Scala)
- Maiori (junction to Tramonti)
- Vietri Sul Mare
It’s important to know the order as that would make exploring the towns a bit easier.
The Sorrento to Salerno direction is more preferrable as, by being in the right lane, you are right next to the cliffs with no opposing traffic to block your view. Oh, and sit on the right for the best views!
We’ll approach the options of getting to Ravello and the Amalfi Coast from Rome, Naples, Sorrento and Salerno.
From Rome to Ravello
From Naples to Ravello
From Sorrento to Ravello
From Salerno to Ravello
- When coming from Rome keep in mind that it can take at least 5 hours to get to Ravello, so depending on when your flight lands, consider spending a night in either Rome or Naples, and continue the rest of your journey the next day.
- If you plan to rent a car from the airport, ask in advance your hotel or accommodation’s manager weather or not they offer parking space and if a reservation is needed or charges are applicable.
- There are no trains on the Amalfi Coast. You can only get as far as Sorrento or Salerno by train, so at some point, you’ll have to change to another mode of transport.
- SITA Buses: Tickets cannot be purchased on board. You can buy them in tobacco shops (Tabaccheria), bars, newsagents, as well as in the train stations of Sorrento and Salerno. Here you can find the SITA Bus Schedule, as well as ticket prices, tips etc.
- Click here for the Amalfi Coast ferry schedule.